Are you an experienced ESL teacher to teens who is fed up with last minute cancellations? Tired of commuting between students? Have had enough of online teaching? Want to know exactly how much you'll have earned by the end of the month/year? If so, join our team!
Hi, we're Swietłana and Dominik, certified Cambridge English Qualifications examiners from YLE Pre-A1 Starters to C2 Proficiency levels. Together we run Złote Zgłoski, a school that specialises in teaching English to kids and teens in Miasteczko Wilanów. Our motto is: „From a novice to a genius.”
Our school is a Cambridge Exam Preparation Centre and all our courses from 3rd grade of primary school up are exam courses so C1 language awareness is a must with teens. Our students' splendid test and exam results (more than 50% with an A) prove a few things: our work is measurable, we are not afraid of external assessment and we are able to plan our students' linguistic education for many years to come.
We strongly believe that English is a living language, not just a school subject, which is why all our classes, irrespective of our students' age or level of proficiency, are conducted in English. We focus on communication rather than merely covering coursebooks.
1. You are employed from mid-September to the end of June, work two days a week (Mon & Wed or Tues & Thurs) in the afternoons, in teaching blocks with no gaps between classes. Contract of mandate or B2B, PLN 80-110 gross per 60 minutes, c.9 hours weekly.
2. Your classroom is fully equipped with sofas, armchairs, your desk with a chair, a laptop, an OHP, and an interactive board (and it's not a public school's classroom rented for hours). You need not commute for each class.
3. You teach no more than 8 students per group.
4. You know exactly how much you will earn, which enables you to budget your life well in advance.
5. You receive necessary professional training and support.
6. You are employed where your work really matters - you are not just a cog in a machine.
7. There is minimum amount of red tape and official communication happens mostly via email, phone or Zoom.
8. You can put your feet up when your pupils have official days off or holidays, so that you can plan yours easily.
9. Your remuneration always comes on time, no matter what.
10. You are provided with liability and personal accident insurance.
1) you have at least 3 years' experience in teaching teen GROUPS, backed up with credentials, with Cambridge Exams group prep being a HUGE plus;
2) personality-wise, you are energetic in class, show ingenuity, and care to listen, motivate, and push teens to the limit;
3) skillwise, you get your message across in a succinct fashion, control your teacher talking time and maximise language production from students, with a few aces up your sleeve for the reticent ones;
4) you are aware how crucial discipline is and your students gladly follow you;
5) you realise how important you are at school, so you are at work on time, don't cancel your classes at the eleventh hour and/or without any apparent reason.
You will prepare your students for Cambridge exams at B1, B1+ and B2 levels. Classes are run with a series of coursebooks accompanied by an excellent online component and a fantastic teacher's book, so lesson preparation necessitates thoroughness rather than creativity. What is essential is solid work ethic so that your lessons are just effective. We will certainly welcome additional resources from you to perk it up at times but the overarching aim will be to follow the exam curriculum in a timely fashion so that your students are ready to do their best at Cambridge exams.
You will conduct all classroom communication solely in English, and ensure your students follow in your footsteps without fault, irrespective of type of interaction.
You will develop all four communicative skills, but tailor your lessons to particular groups' strengths and weaknesses with extra activities of your choice and making.
1. You dislike or don't know how to teach teens or consider them to be blasé, difficult or spoilt.
2. You do not think it is possible to teach teens solely in English and in order to be understood you need to resort to the Polish language yourself or allow them to use it in class.
3. You do not spend time preparing for your classes, do not use teaching materials or consider a brief run through pages a few minutes before your classes to suffice, or your students spend most of their time at their desks doing multiple exercises in their books.
4. You enforce discipline by raising your voice or giving them stick.
5. You are after temporary employment. Please, do not apply if you cannot commit to at least one full school year.
1) CV stage
We will contact selected candidates.
2) Questionnaire stage
We will send it to selected candidates.
3) Face-to-face interviews
We will invite selected candidates to the school premises or schedule a Skype/Zoom session.
Are you interested? Send us your CV at email@example.com